In general, as long as you follow the manufacturer’s instructions, particularly the section about electrical outlets and cords, the electric fireplace TV stand is safe. Today, we will briefly review some concerns and tips regarding the safety and maintenance for electric fireplace in general, which is usually also functioned as entertainment center in your living room. Keep reading for more information.
Unlike the traditional fireplace fueled by wood logs or gas, the electric fireplace entertainment center is relatively safer. It’s because the absence of burning combustible fuel used, in addition to the no open flame. Hence, the electric fireplace doesn’t need venting to the outside air. The flame you see is merely a realistic theme, a projection or image of flames created by LED lights. Thus, when you touch the fireplace screen, you don’t feel it hot as it’s as cool as touching your TV as it is on.
The only hot or warm areas are most likely the ones near the warm air blowing from the fireplace heater or heating element—just like when you’re holding your hand near your hair blow dryer. In general, electric fireplace is safe to use even for a family with children and pets.
Maintenance makes an important thing to do when it comes to installing electric fireplace. Regular cleaning includes removing dust and vacuuming inside and out of the firebox, as well as the control compartment you can find inside. Use only a mild dishwashing liquid to clean the glass element when it’s cold and no abrasive is allowed as it may end up scratching the surface. To clean up spills, use a damp cloth right away. For everyday use, never operate the electric fireplace with a damaged plug or cord, or a bad wall outlet. Don’t use the electric fireplace media center when the heater has been improperly functioning, damaged, or dropper—rather, return to the authorized service center for electrical or mechanical repairs.
People Also Viewed
You May Also Like